top of page

Photo by Sue Moodie @ Sue Moodie Photography

Custom wedding ceremonies for people who believe your wedding day should be a celebration of your unique adventure as a couple...and not just a bunch of boring legal statements.

Photo by Tung Bui @ Illusionist Productions


Photo by Sue Moodie @ Sue Moodie Photography

Colton & Frazer Wedding-343_edited.png

Photo by Nathalie Terekhova @ Timeless Tree Weddings

Photo by Tracey Doyscher @ Hey Babe Photography


What is a wedding officiant/marriage commissioner?

A wedding officiant, also known as a marriage commissioner, is a person authorized to perform and solemnize marriage ceremonies. They have the legal authority to officiate weddings and ensure that the marriage is conducted according to the laws and regulations of the jurisdiction.

In 2019 the Province of Alberta appointed Vince (Fuzzy) as a Permanent Marriage Commissioner, allowing him to perform civil (non-religious) marriage ceremonies in Calgary & surrounding areas.

When should we book our wedding officiant/marriage commissioner?

With any wedding vendor that you're interested in, you should book as soon as you have your date and venue confirmed to avoid the disappointment of them not being available.


Hitched By Fuzz is currently fielding inquiries for dates 2 years out. Make your inquiry today by emailing

Do you do weddings outside of Calgary?

Yes! Vince (Fuzzy) can legally perform ceremonies anywhere in the Province of Alberta. (*Travel costs apply for ceremonies outside of Calgary)

Looking to get married outside of Alberta? No problem! You can always have a Commitment Ceremony for your celebration  and then the Signed & Sealed Elopement at no extra cost either before or after. 

Can we do a rehearsal?

Absolutely! Rehearsals are $200.

What happens if you're sick the day of the wedding?

Knock on wood...this has never happened, but fortunately Vince (Fuzzy) has a deep bench of several experienced colleagues who would knock your ceremony out of the park.


Your ceremony would have already been completely written, so it would be up to one of his colleagues to seamlessly step in, read and perform what you and Vince (Fuzzy) have created together.

How do we get our Marriage Licence & Marriage Certificate?

You can find all of the information on getting your marriage licence here ( They can be obtained at any Registry as early as 3 months before your wedding, or as late as the day of.


After the ceremony your licence will be submitted, and it takes about 2-4 weeks for Vital Statistics to process it. You can find the information on how to request a copy of your marriage certificate here (

Have a question that wasn't addressed in this FAQ?

No problem! Email to set up a meeting with Vince (Fuzzy) and he'd be happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions that you have!



Ready to schedule a consultation?

Call/Text or Email to set up your first meeting with Fuzzy!

Wedding Venue

587-839-FUZZ (3899)

  • Instagram


bottom of page